How to stay safe
Follow alarm instructions and place alarms in rooms with fuel burning appliances such as boilers in kitchens and fires in the lounge
It is dangerous to block ventilation to fires and stoves. If you block ventilation to your appliances it can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Recognising the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and knowing the danger signs around your appliances is the last line of defence.
Service your appliances
For protection from carbon monoxide poisoning you must have all fuel-burning appliances – including stoves, fires, boilers and water heaters – serviced annually by a qualified and registered engineer.