CO – Be Alarmed releases ‘A Guide to Stay Safe from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning’

CO – Be Alarmed has published a booklet giving advice on how to stay safe from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The information about CO includes, instruction on how to fit an alarm and spot the signs as well as instructions on what to do in an emergency. Jude Sellmeyer, a nurse who suffered from CO poisoning, also features in the guide and discusses her experience.

CO is a deadly gas that cannot be seen, smelt or tasted. It can be produced by faulty fuel burning appliances and can only be detected by a CO alarm. Nausea, headaches and dizziness are just some of the symptoms caused by CO. High doses of the gas can cause permanent brain damage and even death.

Lawrence Slade, spokesman for CO – Be Alarmed, said:

“Many people don’t know just how dangerous it is and how hard it is to detect. This is why CO – Be Alarmed work hard to educate and raise awareness. This booklet is just the latest example. We want people to pass this information on to their friends, family and co-workers and spread the word about CO. Carbon monoxide really is the silent killer.”

Read the booklet online.

Follow the campaign on twitter @COBeAlarmed